Two families, one journey and a lot of love for wine
Burnbrae has been in our family since 2004 because we just love wine. Burnbrae is one of the oldest wineries in Mudgee being established in 1968 and since then we’ve produced some truly cracking wines.
Andy and my philosophy, passed on from my parents, Tony and Jill, is to always maintain the integrity of each wine whilst nurturing every vintage to bring out its finest characteristics.
With a background in agriculture and business management, my husband, Andy is hands’ on in every aspect of Burnbrae as well as being ‘Top Dog’ of the business.
- Favourite wine: Nothing goes passed the Burnbrae Shiraz
- Favourite role at the winery: Talking about all things wine with guests
- When he’s not at Burnbrae: He likes chasing a tiny little white ball around a massive paddock (aka golf), cricket & tennis too. But more than anything playing with his two little redheads and enjoying a cold ale, particularly the new 548 Burnbrae Lager!
- Other pastimes: ‘Dad’ jokes and listening to music whilst mowing Burnbrae’s vast and immaculate lawn areas
So, I’m Trine, and I’m the Marketing and Events Manager at Burnbrae whilst running the business with Andy. I love making sure that the wine we produce is top notch I really enjoy helping bringing big events together, which we hold here at our picturesque winery.
- Favourite wine: Burnbrae Cuvee nicely chilled followed by a Jilly’s Pick Chardonnay
- Favourite role at the winery: managing and running all of our events
- When she’s not at Burnbrae: she’s cutting it up on the tennis court or touch footy oval or generally being a mum
- Other pastimes: playing pranks on Andy and checking out the latest event and theming ideas
We simply couldn’t do what we do without our awesome team. The guys here at team Burnbrae give us the most incredible support, all delivered with a bit of unhealthy banter on the side! You guys simply rock.
The cellar door would not be complete without Bonnie, who’s our chief Customer Service Manager. She always greets guests with a smile in return for a pat. She is the only family member who has the uncanny skill to ‘borrow’ food from friends with a wag of her tail and grin, never to return it.
- Favourite wine: if she could drink, she’d be a Moscato kind of girl
- Favourite food: Anything consumable…but not consumers of course!!
- Favourite pastime: laying in the sun on the verandah and having her photo taken (check her out in the latest Wine Dogs Book! Page 144)
- Pet hate: loud noises or interruption to her ‘much needed’ sleep